The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of GRANTS ADVISER.
The India Alliance, a public charity funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India and the Wellcome Trust, UK, aims to build a strong biomedical research ecosystem in India that nurtures scientific talent and drives innovations to tackle health challenges. The core mandate of India Alliance is the management of research fellowships and grants, which are granted through highly competitive processes. The India Alliance has established itself as one of the most prestigious funders in India, with the quality of governance likely to have a wider influence on research funding in India. As an organization, India Alliance provides an exceptional environment for innovation in science administration. In addition to its research funding, India Alliance supports an integrated research ecosystem that values ethics, good management, and the public communication of science to enhance knowledge and drive policy. Details of the work of India Alliance can be seen at www.indiaalliance.org.
The India Alliance seeks to identify suitably qualified candidates for the position of Grants Adviser. This position is facilitatory in nature and will work to ensure that grant applications are reviewed, processed, and awarded at par with international standards.
- Ability to understand biomedical research proposals, process them with due diligence, manage peer review and award of funding applications
- Willingness to work in a business environment with close links to scientific research
- Commitment to high standards of ethics and scientific review
- Ability to liaise with the scientific community and develop positive relationships with applicants
- Attention to detail while managing large workloads within given deadlines
- Ability to maintain accurate and organised grant records and the timely input of accurate grant-related and financial data, according to defined standards
- Ability to work in a team and according to defined standards and controls
- Adequate IT skills and ability to work on large records
For more information click here.