The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Project Associate‑I to work under the DBT, India Ramalingaswami fellowship funded research project in the laboratory of Dr. Pavan Agrawal (Website:https://www.agrawallab.com) at the Centre for Molecular Neurosciences, KMC, Manipal. The project will utilize cutting edge machine vision and machine learning pipelines along with genomics and Drosophila biology to gain fundamental insights about brain function
1 Years (extension based on performance)
As per DBT norms.
- For CSIR-UGC-NET or GATE qualified candidates: Rs. 31,000 + HRA.
- For other candidates: Rs. 25,000 per month + HRA.
Bachelor’s in engineering, Biotechnology or Master’ degree in Life Sciences focused on computational biology from a recognized university
- Coding skills including either R/Python/MATLAB are mandatory. Demonstrable hardware skills such as ability to build Raspberry Pi or Arduino projects, electronic circuit boards, 3D printing and handling machine vision pipelines are preferred.
- Candidates with prior experience in Machine vision, Bioinformatics or Bioengineering will be preferred.
- Candidate needs to be highly motivated, self-starter and a team player who can work in a highly collaborative and inter-disciplinary environment including neuroscience researchers, clinicians and engineers.
- The candidate should be highly organized and be able to manage multiple priorities. Other duties as assigned.
Eligible candidates may apply with a detailed CV, cover letter along with contact details of minimum two referees on or before July 30th, 2022, with the subject line “Project Associate-RLS-Molecular Neurosciences” by email to email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by e‑mail about the interview date