Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The Institute is mandated to conduct and promote basic and applied research in frontier areas of Life Sciences.
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for the post of Director, Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar. As a Chief Executive, the Director is expected to offer leadership and mentorship to young scientists towards achieving the goal of developing ILS into a globally competitive institution.
Age limit: The maximum age limit should is 58 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Pay Level: 14; Pay Matrix: ₹1,44,200 – 2,18,200/- plus allowances and other benefits as admissible to central government employees stationed at Bhubaneswar.
- Ph. D. in any Life Sciences discipline/M.D. / M. Tech / M.V.Sc. or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of research in the area of specialization.
- Excellent track record in publications, patents and awards.
- Experience in successfully running large programme, centre, and institution.
- Experience of guiding research activities in the area of specialization.
- The applicants in Central/State Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations must send their applications “Through Proper Channel”. The applications received without the recommendations of the employers will not be considered.
- The date of determining age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications.
- The post will be for a fixed five year tenure period.
Completed applications (5 copies) strictly in the format available on DBT/ILS website with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Shri Subodh Kumar Ram, Under Secretary (Admin), Department of Biotechnology, Block‑2, CGO Complex, Lodi road, New Delhi-110 003, superscripting the cover “Application for the Post of Director,
Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” so as to reach by 29.11.2021. The closing date for candidates residing abroad and from Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands, States/Union Territories in the North-Eastern region, Ladakh region of J&K, Sikkim, Subdivision Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh will 14.12.2021. The soft copy of the application may also be sent by Email to: email@example.com
The detailed advertisement and format of application is available at DBT website http://dbtindia.nic.in and ILS website www.ils.res.in