Applications are open for the position of Technical Assistant, Mass Spectrometry facility at C-CAMP, Bangalore.
The Mass spectrometry facility provides infrastructure for the identification and quantification of proteins, and their post-transcriptional modifications (PTMs). This includes expertise in PTM enrichment strategies, peptide separations, state-of-the-art mass spectrometry (MS) for discovery-driven experiments, and targeted workflows for sensitive, quantitative monitoring of proteins. The facility develops and adapts sample preparation techniques, MS approaches and software to provide cutting-edge solutions for individual research projects.
- To handle liquid chromatography- Mass Spectrometer (LC-MS).
- LC-MS method development for small molecule identification by LC-MS and LC-MS/MS
- Troubleshooting of Analytical Instruments like LCMS, HPLC, GC,GCMS, GCHS and other analytical supporting instruments etc
- Strong technical background and knowledge of Quality Control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Support to manage the day-to-day activities of MS facility.
- To conduct thorough hands-on training for the students and researchers
- Documented theoretical knowledge and hand-on experience in small organic molecules using LC-MS analysis for identification and quantitation of biological alterations.
- Vital supporter of expanding Mass spectrometry facility capabilities across the basic biology and clinical research.
- To maintain the lab updates such as: procurements, lab cleaning and safety, management of scheduler, log books for the instruments.