One Technical (Senior) Officer position as a “Microscopist & Image Analyst” is available at the Bio-imaging Facility. The successful applicant would be joining to form an enthusiastic light microscopy team in supporting/implementing world-class microscopy experiments at the Trivedi School of Biosciences at Ashoka University.
- Proven knowledge of advanced image analysis will be essential.
- Previous experience working in a shared resource laboratory is desirable.
- This role requires great communication and interpersonal skills and rewards with involvement in building state-of-the-art microscopy facility in the country as well as participating in world-leading biomedical research.
Job Description:- The objective of this post is to provide microscopy support within this cutting-edge facility, as well as image analysis support, to facility users. This will include:
- Performing regular quality control and maintenance of the microscopes.
- Advising facility users on the best techniques and providing applications advice;
- Giving detailed one-to-one training sessions to our researchers on how to use the advanced instrumentation for their studies;
- Designing detailed image analysis protocols;
- Assisting in the experimental design of the facility users.
- Participate in giving regular training courses to members of the institute in microscopy and image analysis
- Constantly upgrade skills through training courses and workshops.
- Staying updated on the most recent microscopy developments for contributing towards advancing the microscopy facility in the future.