SRISTI (Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions) has established three national awards for innovative student projects in engineering, biotechnology, agriculture, pharmacy, material science and other applied technological domains. These awards are given every year during the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE), Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi in the month of March.
Last date for entries: October 30, 2019
The awards will be given to young student innovators in the following categories:
- MLM (More from less for many), Frugal Innovation award- technologies that econmise on the use of material, are extremely affordable and sustainable manufacture solution.
- SRISTI socially relevant technological innovation award-products/prototypes that address unmet social needs or improve the functioning of existing solutions, increase affordability and/or improve circularity i.e. ecologcial compatability
- Technological-edge award-ideas that push the frontiers in any technolgical domain
- BIRAC-SRISTI award for biotechnological/medical/healthcare innovation
- Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Amulya K.N. Reddy GYTI Award
Student projects which address an important social, environmental or technological problem faced by masses or disadvantaged people/sectors/spaces or micro and small enterprises, or have the potential to impact a pressing national need are invited. The applications may be made by the students of technical institutions/universities including those who have completed academic course due 2018 – 2019. The faculty member, who have supervised the project, can apply on behalf of the students who have already passed out and left the Institute/University, However the BIRAC-SRISTI award will be given only to student’s team willing to take their ideas forward.
For more information click here.