Insects being holomorph provide unique research opportunities to analyze various fields of Biology like Taxonomy, Host-pathogen interactions, Biochemistry and Physiology. In this context, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has launched the SERB School in Insect Biology, with a vision of organizing a comprehensive school integrating various disciplines of Insect Biology. This two week intensive program is primarily aimed at training young researchers and provide them to experience first-hand, the array of possibilities in the field of Insect Biology.
The training will be conducted by the Department of Animal Biology, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad from the 7th of December to the 21st of December, 2015.
SERB school in Insect Biology opens with an initial orientation program for two days comprising of introductory lectures followed by advance training in Insect Biology. A total of six modules would be covered encompassing a few basic areas of Insect Biology. Each module will comprise of theory classes followed by laboratory demonstrations and hands-on training.These modules will be coordinated by different module organizers, experts in the respective fieldsand are supported by additional resource faculty and researchers.
Participants who wish to gain knowledge in key areas of research including methodology and key concepts in emerging areas of Insect Biology having innate drive may apply.
- Participants who wish to apply may be M.Sc./Ph.D./Post-Doctoral fellow/Young Faculty member up to the age of 32 years (as on October 21, 2015) with a special focus on Insect Biology.
- No objection certificate from competent authority is mandatory.
- Two recommendation letters strengthening the application are required. Applicants may ask their referees to send their recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No registration fees.However, all the selected participants have to register themselves confirming their participation.
- All the selected participants will be reimbursed travel expenses (three tier AC / actual fare for the shortest route, whichever is less; local transport charges not included) upon submission of travel document (hard copy).
- Basic shared accommodation would be provided in the university guest house.