Applications are invited for a suitable research position at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Hyderabad, in the lab of Dr. Adish Dani. Research studies in the lab develop single molecule microscopy tools to address questions in cell biology and neurobiology. We seek a well-qualified, enthusiastic and collaborative person to assist in the setup, maintenance, development of optical microscopy rigs as well as participate in experiments and data analysis.
Candidates with experience writing custom scripts in Python, Matlab, LabView for instrument control and data analysis are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with basic electrical instrumentation, statistical signal processing and strong quantitative skills are desired. Primary responsibilities include assistance in image acquisition and analysis, writing and modifying programs in Python to control the operation of various instruments via the computer interface on a custom-built microscopy rig. The candidate must be self-motivated, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative setting. A strong work ethic, good communication skills and ability to maintain organized records is essential. Candidates that have a research background in computer science, engineering, optics as well as candidates with biology background and significant skills in image analysis, programming are encouraged to apply.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity and be expected to contribute to research publications.
- B.Tech. or Master’s Degree in any branch of science and engineering.
- Proficiency with Matlab, Python, programing for scientific instrumentation and data analysis.
Additional desirable experience:
• Atleast 1 year experience working in a research laboratory.
• Experience with optics or microscopy
• Publication record indicating research contributions
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
• A one page write-up summarizing their past research/training experience and how this position helps in their career development. In addition, candidates should submit a CV, including address, contact phone number, e‑mail address and contact details of potential referees
Please email applications to email@example.com