Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Hyderabad requests applications for the following position.
1. Develop and implement standard operating procedure (SOP) for the use of laboratory mice.
2. Provide orientation to new users in the humane use, care and handling of laboratory mice.
3. Perform mouse husbandry and SPF health monitoring, train and assist users in their animal related procedures like sample collection, injections, methods of animal identification and euthanasia.
4. Arrange import and export of live laboratory mice, organize animal ethics committee meetings and record keeping as per CPCSEA (GOI) guidelines.
5. Should be available for emergency veterinary care after working hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
6. Manage the day to day running and maintenance of the mouse facility, order supplies and equipment needed in the mouse facility, coordinate the facility housekeeping.
7. Participate in the setup and maintenance of a state-of-the-art-Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) Barrier Mouse Facility at TIFR Hyderabad