Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) is a Centre of TIFR, that invites online applications for the post of Scientific Officer C (Dean’s Office) on a Permanent basis.
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, carries out cutting-edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical importance to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. We are looking for a Scientific Officer ‘C’ to work in the Dean’s Office to organize and implement administrative tasks. The Dean’s office plays an active and central role in the management of institutional activities. The role will require working in close coordination with the Deans, Director, Faculty and other staff and students who use the Deans Office. These include but are not restricted to the following:
- Collection, collating and production of reports on institutional activities as required by various governmental other agencies.
- Liaising with various government departments in respect of NCBS research activities.
- Organize and arrange meetings of Institutional Statutory Committees that regulate work on campus including the Institutional Biosafety Committee, and Institutional Human Ethics Committee, and coordinate with the Stem Cell Facility for the Institutional Stem Cell Committee and the Institutional Animal Ethics Committee.
- Keep updated records on the status of applications to the different internal and external regulatory committees in close consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Work with Deans Office staff in organizing seminars, lectures, meetings and events that are coordinated from the Dean’s Office.
Age limit:- Maximum 28 years as on 01.07.2023