The Bangalore Life Science Cluster, an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Program Manager (Grants).
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Cluster and beyond. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Bangalore Life Science Cluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Program Manager (Grants) will work within the Research Development Office to ensure smooth administration of Government of India grants supporting major collaborative research programs, institutional initiatives and research facilities. The activities of the Program Manager (Grants) will help in managing, monitoring and promoting the activities supported by such grants.
Key duties of the Program Manager (Grants) will include:
- Project monitoring and management of institutional GoI grants
- Project monitoring and management of GoI grants supporting multi – institutional research programs
- Interfacing with the NCBS/inStem administration and management on behalf of Program Directors as needed
- Monitoring expenditure and financial reporting on relevant grants, in coordination with accounts
- Contributing to resolution of queries and conflicts on administration of the grants
- Coordinating scientific reporting and other agency requirements for the grants as needed
- Facilitating implementation of GoI norms on the funded programs
- Outreach to agencies funding the programs
- Assisting with additional fundraising and program renewals as appropriate
- Contributing to other work within the team as needed