National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) — Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for appointment of Program Associate — IndiaBioscience on Contractual terms. The appointment will be initially for a period of One (1) year that may be extended upto maximum of three years depending on the performance of the candidates.
IndiaBioscience is a program based out of NCBS, Bangalore that aims to catalyse the growth of biology within India, and to this end we work with academics, educators, government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. We are a small yet diverse and efficient team. Creativity and independence are highly valued attributes of all team members. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, as well as with educators and scientists across India while developing and expanding your career.
Operating under the broad guidance of the Associate Director, this position will require two major activities:
One is running the website (www.indiabioscience.org) especially for educators and maintaining database of educators/scientists and organization to facilitate networking. The second major activity includes organizing meetings, workshops and events either independently or in collaboration with other partners, both at national and international levels.
- Independently manage different sections of website and in specific Events, Grants and Meetings page. Create the content for meetings page as and when required
- Create and maintain a database of educators- college teachers and help in networking with them using IndiaBioscience website
- Get involved to build the network of scientists and people in the area of biology across the country
- Help organise meetings specifically targeted to educators
- Help increase IndiaBioscience’s visibility among the educators
- Work with IndiaBioscience team members to develop workflow for conducting outreach events, IndiaBioscience meetings and other collaborative meetings. Engage both in administrative and organisational tasks for conducting the meetings
- Actively participate in all IndiaBioscience activities
- Research, curate and maintain database of contacts to actively engage with scientific community
- Participate in biology related meetings and workshops across the country to promote the activities of IndiaBioscience
- Work closely with accounts and purchase department as and when required
- Familiarity with social media – Facebook and twitter