The Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSc), an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Development Officer.
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell science and regenerative medicine and C‑CAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), an initiative of Dept of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, with a mandate to be an enabler of cutting edge Life Science Research and Innovation. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Bangalore Life Science Cluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Development Officer will head the Development vertical of the Research Development Office and help to create and manage a portfolio of corporate grants and charitable donations to the Cluster. The activities of the Development Officer are expected to scale up and sustain charitable donations to the campus.
Key duties of the Development Officer will include:
- Working with campus colleagues to identify institutional priorities requiring charitable funding
- Working with campus colleagues to develop strategies for identifying donors for the Cluster
- Identifying potential charitable donors for the campus
- Cultivating and sustaining professional relationships with prospective donors and organizations
- Helping to design fundraising pitches to a range of charitable donors
- Coordinating specific fundraising campaigns for the Cluster
- Contributing to communications and publicity events relating to donors
- Facilitating the award of grants from corporate sources
- Creating and managing a dedicated webpage for fundraising activities
- Management of grants and donations to the Cluster
- Contributing to other work within the team of Research Development Office as needed
Closing date: 30th September, 2018 (Only candidates shortlisted for interview will receive a response)