Independently manage projects, irrespective of phase, and processes and procedures.
- Work with colleagues both within IndiaBioscience and outside to develop project milestones and deliverables.
- Create, maintain and actively engage with networks of scientists, educators and researchers as pertinent to specific projects or for the overall activities of IndiaBioscience.
- Responsible for planning and execution of all the main meetings of IndiaBioscience like YIM and regional meetings.
- Further develop the community of organisations listed with IndiaBioscience across India, and encourage engagement by these parties on our website.
- Prepare parts of the reports that summarise key progress and issues on education and communication programs.
- Actively participate in all IndiaBioscience activities, and be involved in improvement initiatives.
- Work with accounts and purchase departments to ensure compliance according to the conditions laid down by the corresponding granting agencies.
- Work closely with the team and external partner agencies in conceiving, organising, fundraising and executing meetings and workshops as required to promote the mandate of IndiaBioscience across themes and disciplines.
The appointment will be initially for a period of One (1) year that may be extended up to the duration of the program depending on the performance of the candidate.
Highly competitive remuneration to be fixed based on qualification and experience; as stated in the DBT grant to IndiaBioscience
PhD degree in science, education or communication-related discipline plus at least 3 years post PhD experience.
At least 3 years post PhD experience.
- An experience in an outreach, communication or education role during or post PhD is desirable.
- Experience with conceptualizing, launching or promoting initiatives, campaigns or activities using websites and other means of promotion.
- Experience with social media communication platforms and cloud based sharing systems.
- Ability to establish growing networks and communities with respect to programs and promotion of activities.
- Ability as an effective communicator, with demonstrated accomplishment and skill in oral and written non-technical communication.
- Ability to work in a lateral (flat) management structure, with virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accomplish goals in team settings.
- Demonstrated leadership.
Adaptability, ability to build relationships, effective communication skills, creativity/innovation, ability to foster teamwork.
Please attach a cover letter and resume along with application form. Make sure you include a strong statement of your interests (not more than 300 words), how they align with ours and why you will fit this position. At this point we require no recommendation letters.
Step 1: Interested candidates should click on Apply button available on the open position tab on the NCBS Job Portal.
Step 2: Enter your full name and valid email address
Step 3: You will receive an email with a link which will allow you to proceed for the next step
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you click FINAL SUMBIT on the application.
Step 5: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with self attested copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc. latest by 18th January, 2019.
For more information click here.