A PhD in life science with about 10 years of postdoctoral experience; direct experience in program management would be preferred, but it is more important that the candidate have the intellectual curiosity and creativity to be an effective contributor to scientific conversations in a wide variety of fields. Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, as well as ability to interact effectively with teams is necessary. Experience in drug discovery or development in a biopharmaceutical company is highly desirable.
This position has overall responsibility for running the scientific operations in the company.
- Identifying investigators and project ideas for funding
- Running the process of communicating new open funding calls to the scientific community, receiving and triaging proposals, managing the review process, manage the funding process for projects and managing the closure of completed projects
- Informal networking with the scientific community
- Making presentations about Ignite programs to Team Members and Donors
- Designing and refining the governance structure in Program Management
- Identifying new areas for Ignite funding
- Keep up with sufficient knowledge on the scientific content of projects to troubleshoot problems/issues