Please go through this section in detail and make sure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria prior to applying.
Briefly, this meeting is meant for postdoctoral fellows in the life sciences who intend to start independent research groups in India in the next few years.
i. This meeting is open to postdoctoral fellows both in India and across the globe.
ii. Postdoctoral fellows invited to attend YIM 2021 must apply again for the PDF Meeting 2021
iii. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM IST, 09 April 2021.
For applying, you will need the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation- i.e. why do you want to attend this meeting (250 words)
- Your thoughts on starting a career in India (100 words)
- Abstract (technical summary of your research) (500 words including references) + accompanying image
- Recording of an elevator pitch/lightning talk (3-minute long) based on template provided* [share drive link (with permissions to view the file) at the end of your Technical summary of research].
- Recommendation letter (1) to be submitted (directly) to us via email at yim2021[at]indiabioscience[dot]org using the subject line 'Recommendation letter [FullName] | PDF Meeting 2021'. Please ensure that your referee shares this letter with us by 09 April 2021.
- Completed application form submitted before stipulated deadline
*Guidelines for the lightning talk.
- Prepare your presentations using this template. Through your talk, you should highlight your past research experiences, current research and what you would like to pursue in your independent group. We recommend that you use not more than 5 slides.
- Record your presentation in such a way that both your slides and your video are visible. You might use a platform such as Zoom to record the talk.
- Ensure that your talk adheres to the stipulated time limit, i.e. 3-minutes.
Selected applicants will be informed by mid-April 2021 via email.