The Inspiring Science Award 2022
TNQ Technologies tnq.co.in →
The Inspiring Science Award aims to recognise and reward quality science, inspire scholarship, and support researchers to pursue their passion in the Life Sciences by selecting the best published paper in the Life Sciences by a student from India each year.
The Award was announced in January 2016, at The TNQ Distinguished Lectures in the Life Sciences in Bengaluru. At the launch, Dr Emilie Marcus, ex-CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Cell Press, said, “Building on the successful tradition of the lectureship in inspiring students to pursue their passion with careers in scientific research, we are creating The Inspiring Science Award in association with the lectures
The idea for this award was brought forth to us by Professor Anuranjan Anand of JNCASR and we would like to express our thanks and appreciation to him for helping extend the impact of the lecture series in promoting young Indian scientists.”
- The Award is open to scientists who are registered for a PhD, up to scientists in the 4th year of their post-doctorate degrees.
- The research paper must have been published online for the first time between 1st October 2020 and 30th September 2021.
- The paper should have already been accepted and published online in a journal either as an accepted manuscript publication or a corrected proof publication.
- Only full length research papers are eligible to apply. Other article types such as Editorial, Review, etc. are not eligible.
- The scientist must have been affiliated to a research institution or university based in India, where the research must have been conducted.
- Papers with co-authors (Indian or international) are also eligible for consideration. However, the Award will be given only to the submitting author.
- In cases where the paper has multiple authors, all other co-authors are required to submit a no-objection declaration to email@example.com before the 20th of October 2021. If we do not hear from them by then, we will assume that they have no objection to your entry, and award, should your paper be chosen to win.
- The paper must be uploaded as an attachment with your entry, supported by a proof of publication link. Entries as links to sites that are behind paywalls or firewalls are not acceptable.
For more details click here