Melinda Gray Ardia Environmental Foundation seeks to contribute to the development, implementation and/or field testing of environmental curricula.
The mission of our grant program is to support educators in developing and implementing holistic environmental curricula that:
• Integrate field activities and classroom teaching, and
• Incorporate basic ecological principles and problem solving
To be awarded a grant, environmental curricula must:
• Show a holistic approach
• Strive to synthesize multiple levels of learning
(facts, concepts, principles)
• Include experiential integrated learning and problem solving
• Be founded on basic scientific principles, including hypothesis
testing and experimental design
• Incorporate basic ecological principles and field environmental
activities within a primary or secondary school setting
• Present controversial issues objectively, stressing the
development of individual student opinions
Any organization is eligible to apply, including schools, non-profits, governmental agencies and others. MGAEF funds organizations across the globe.