The Environmental Mutagen Society of India (EMSI), founded in 1975, promotes scientific education and research in the field of mutagenesis. The Society is an affiliate of the International Association of Environmental Mutagen Society (IAEMS) and Asian Environmental Mutagen Society (AEMS). Every year, EMSI conference provides a scientific forum for the ex-change of ideas and information about problems of mutagenesis at the experimental and clinical levels with emphasis on human health and environmental safety.The Conference is an amalgamation of researchers from diverse areas including biology, chemistry, pharmacy, medicine and those engaged in public health. Consequently, it provides an excellent platform for fostering interdisciplinary research on environmental mutagenesis and to stimulate young minds by providing opportunities for young scientists to exchange their ideas and collaborate with peers in the field.
Themes of the Conference
- Monitoring of environmental mutagens
- Methods to detect mutagens/mutagenesis
- Environmental mutagenesis and diseases in human Climate change and ecotoxicology
- DNA damage and repair
- Molecular mutagenesis and carcinogenesis
- Genetic toxicology of industrial, and environmental pollutants and their remediation
- Food borne mutagens and food safety
- Biological and health effects of exposure to environmental chemicals
- Alternatives to and refinement of the use of animals for mutagenesis studies
- Molecular signatures for exposure and/or effect of mutagens
- Omic/high-throughput approaches to understand chemical mutagenesis and carcinogenesis
For more information click here.