The conference is open to senior undergraduate students (2nd year onwards) or early MSc. students (1st yr) conducting research projects in any scientific field (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, or any related interdisciplinary field) and their faculty. We welcome original work in various forms. In more theoretical fields, this could include a new approach to or new insights into known results. This may involve new results or new techniques to demonstrate or understand known results.
Through the conference students will have the opportunity to:
- Communicate their work in a cogent and effective manner
- Learn the art of asking questions and generating hypotheses
- Appreciate that science is a continuous process that extends across all sections of society
- Connect with peers and faculty at other undergraduate science programmes
- Abstracts should be of no more than 500 words. It should be a short summary of your work and should include some background on your work, a description of the methods used, and results.
- If your abstract is accepted, we will either invite you to make a poster presentation or to give a 10 – 15 minute talk. You should plan your presentation so that it is accessible to a general science undergraduate audience.
- Participation certificates will be provided to all student participants.
- Faculty may attend the conference by registering. Registration will open in mid-September.
Registration Fee INR 750/-
The registration fee includes:
- All meals
- Transport to main campus from Ibblur junction
To attend any event, the registration must be paid in full by interested faculty and students. Unfortunately we are unable to support on the spot registrations. (Registrations in September, 2019. Limited bursaries available)
Azim Premji University, Undergraduate Campus
Survey No. 106⁄2, B. Hosahalli Road (behind S2 Housing Avantikaa, Lifestyle), off, Sarjapur Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562125.
For more information click here.