Leadership and management skills are critical for a successful career in science. The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, with support from European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) is bringing this course to satisfy the needs of researchers in India.
19 – 22MARCH : NEWDELHI | 26 – 29MARCH2018 : HYDERABAD
- Introduce key academic leadership concepts;
- Develop further individual leadership styles;
- Convey key communication skills;
- Learn how to effectively select the right staff;
- Expand support network for leadership issues in academia.
The four-day EMBO Research Leadership Course will cover topics including:
- leadership skills;
- communication skills;
- team development;
- conflict solving strategies;
- effective problem solving;
- staff selection.
Practical exercises, in the form of role-play and discussion groups, provide hands-on experience. The principle of this course is – “As much theory as necessary and as much practice as possible”.
To apply for participation in the Course, the applicant must be
- Assistant or Associate Professor (or equivalent) in Life Sciences.
- Prepared to pay refundable advance of INR10,000, if selected for the course. This fee will be refunded after the course to those who have attended the complete course.
- Prepared to make their own travel and pay for their accommodation arranged by India Alliance in a 3-star hotel or equivalent.
Application deadline: 20 January 2018
Complete the online application form – http://bit.do/leadershipcourse
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding this course or visit website for more information.
We would appreciate if you could display the course flier on your notice board and/or share this information with anyone who might be interested in attending this course.