VASCSC is looking for Programme Officers — Scientists at different levels, who are young, enthusiastic, having sound understanding of Science, Mathematics and deep interest in innovative education. The eligibility criteria and job description are as follows:
Job description: Required to work in a team as well as independently handle responsibilities, which include:
• Conducting science/mathematics education and popularization activities
• Conducting experiments and hands-on activities in VASCSC labs
• Facilitating students for projects in science and mathematics
• Handling visits to the schools at VASCSC and guiding the students
• Conducting teachers’ training workshops
• Developing innovative Teaching Learning Material (TLM), exhibits, experiments, activities, modules
• Conducting outreach activities and awareness programmes, facilitating mobile science lab
• Project development, writing proposals, networking, fundraising
• Implementing, and coordinating projects
• Prepare reports, status briefs, presentations and other communications
Skills required: In-depth subject knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage and communicate with large groups of audience, ability to effectively handle students, lateral and out of the box thinking, comfort with computer applications and the internet. Fluency in English and working knowledge of Gujarati and Hindi are required. Working knowledge of other Indian languages is an advantage. Experience in emerging technologies in STEM education, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, 3D printing, the latest computer applications, astronomy, model rocketry, aeronautics, etc. would be an added advantage.
Candidates are expected to be proactive and energetic; possessing networking and project management skills, managerial and team building abilities, ability to plan, coordinate and execute various programmes, activities and events efficiently. Problem solving approach, mature judgment, strong ideals, and desire to serve as a catalyst for popularizing science are desirable. Preference will be given to those having education in pure sciences, mathematics and relevant experience.