Project Coordinator — Community Building
IndiaBioscience is a program based out of the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore that aims to catalyse the growth of biology within India, and to this end we work with academics, government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. The major funding of the program is from the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. As part of the DBT funded program, IndiaBioscience is looking to appoint eligible personnel to the position advertised on contractual terms. The appointment will be initially for a period of one (1) year that may be extended up to three (3) years depending on the performance of the selected candidate. Selected candidates shall be offered a consolidated pay as specified under ‘Salary’ herein below.
Major activities at IndiaBioscience include running the IndiaBioscience website through the science and education communication programs, continually updating with latest news and opinions on life sciences scenario in India, building a database of people and organizations, organizing Young Investigators’ Meetings (YIMs) and Regional Young Investigators’ Meetings, networking meetings with Indian or International organizations, workshops on skill building, gender parity, promoting Indian life science in various platforms all over the world, etc.
IndiaBioscience consists of a small yet diverse and efficient team that works in a very cohesive manner to create informed impact. Creativity, independence and teamwork are highly valued attributes of all team members. As part of the IndiaBioscience team, the appointed person will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, as well as with the research community across India and abroad, while developing and expanding the career.
IndiaBioscience being a community-driven program, the project coordinator- community building will play an important role in growing the reach and impact of the program across the community. The person will be responsible for all the outreach activities across verticals to all the community members. The role would also require to further grow the community and visibility of IndiaBioscience and its efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will develop the community of organisations listed with IndiaBioscience across India, and encourage engagement by these parties on our website.
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will be responsible for the growth of the IndiaBioscience network by biannual campaigns.
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will be responsible for planning and coordinating the outreach efforts by all the IBS team members across verticals
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will be responsible for dissemination of all announcements regarding IndiaBioscience’ meetings and events via a newsletter/social media
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will be the point of contact with DBT and it’s allied institutions regarding publicizing the new announcements .
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will be closely involved in the administrative tasks related to YIMs, RYIMs and other workshops/meetings
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will be involved in the human resource management at IndiaBioscience
- Project Coordinator-Community Building will participate in all common IBS activities along with other team members
Age: 40 years as of 1st January 2022
At par with Principal Project Associate as per DST OM No. SR/S9/Z‑05/2019 dated 10th July 2020
- Masters Degree in life-sciences with minimum 8 years of relevant experience post qualification in scientific administrative and management experience. OR
- PhD degree in science with minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Person with a management degree will be given preference
Person with relevant scientific administrative and management experience of working within the academic setup in India, well-versed with social media platforms and an understanding of the research ecosystem of India will get the preference.
Personal characteristics: Adaptability and flexibility, ability to build relationships, ability to work in a team, organizational skills, strong time management and communication skills
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
- You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
- All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Note: Kindly fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with latest browser. Please do not use MOBILE phones for submitting the online applications.
For more details click here