Foundation for Medical Research (FMR), Mumbai is looking for a technologist with Ph.D. and experience in Whole Genome Sequencing (preferably Illumina platform) and has laboratory experience (Microbiology & Molecular biology) with clinical isolates of tuberculosis (TB). The candidate should be well-versed with contemporary DNA sequencing technologies and must be aware of all the quality control parameters required for sequencing.
FMR in partnership with The Union is initiating a 3-year project on strengthening the WGS laboratories for TB in India. In this project, the candidate is expected to travel to various national referral laboratories in India which conduct WGS of clinical TB isolates. During the lab visits, the candidate will work towards understanding the sequencing needs of the labs and is expected to provide the labs with appropriate knowledge/skills in sequencing and stringent quality control towards preparing high performance self-sustained sequencing labs.
1. Must be willing to travel as per project requirements.
2. Ability to consolidate e-data.
3. Ability to undertake qualitative and technical evaluation.
4. Possess good health with preferably no uncontrolled comorbidity.
5. Less than 50 years of age.
6. Modicum of pedagogical skills for training.