We are looking for a suitable candidate to be a part of our Elephant Research and Conservation Program at CWS as a Research Fellow. The Candidate will be a part of the Elephant Program at CWS. The Program aims to initiate elephant and conflict monitoring projects in select landscapes across the Western Ghats, with primary focus on Kerala and Tamil Nadu. The candidate is expected to work with the Project Coordinator, and shall report to the project heads periodically, and carry out fieldwork in the select field sites. The work involves extensive fieldwork in remote locations.
- Carrying out extensive field surveys, collecting data on elephants and HEC.
- Camera trap deployment, monitoring, and data retrieval.
- Data entry, management, and analysis.
- Compiling and curating secondary data from various sources on conflict.
- Assisting in preparing monthly, biannual, and annual reports.
- Assist project coordinator in managing project finances and logistics.
- Planning field surveys across study areas with the project leads.
- Travel and stay in remote locations across the study sites.