The Sree Padmavathi Venkateswara Foundation (SreePVF), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, incorporated under Section 7(2) and Rule 8 of the Government of India Companies Rule 2014, is a private Foundation which has been supporting excellence in medical education and care through a variety of methods. It has also been offering awards, donations and grants to individuals and institutions, societies and foundations, whose aims and activities are in tune with those of the Foundation. Recognizing that in addition to the government, Private Foundations and Trusts should also support research and technology through grants, SreePVF has constituted the Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Research Grants in 2019, to award one three-year research grant (of up to Rs. 3 crores) each year, for individuals and groups engaged in “bench to bedside” translational research. SreePVF awarded one such grant in the area of biological sciences in 2019, arguably, first-of-its kind in India. A Committee of eminent scientists have been constituted to help the Foundation in reviewing the applications.
Ambit of the grant and focus areas:
- Applications for a three-year grant are invited from interested individuals and teams from not-for-profit research organisations.
- The call is for one grant in any branch of science and technology for cutting-edge “Bench to Bedside” translational projects with value to humans. Any project designed to address a focused disease related topic with cutting-edge techniques and analysis will be eligible to apply.
- However, climate change, agricultural sciences and ecological sciences are excluded from the ambit of this call.
- Sree PVF expects that proposals submitted under this funding initiative describe ambitious projects that lead to substantial benefit to human health/impact in the field.
- Proposals for less than three years will not be considered.
Read more about the grant here.