The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is encouraging young scientists and technologists towards delivery of science and technology (S&T) led solutions for identified socio-economic challenges through Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST). Innovative S&T ideas in the form of proposal are invited under following identified themes:
- Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and IoT for Societal Application in — Agriculture — Rural Development — Disaster Management — Health
- Nutritional Supplements and Value-added Food Products for Human and Animals
- Plant Based Health Products, Scientific Validation and Upscaling of Traditional Knowledge Systems
- Cost Effective Health and Hygiene Aids
- Effective Indigenous Methods of Disease Identifications and Monitoring
- Natural Resource Based Livelihood Systems
- Agricultural Tools and Agriculture Produce
- Income Augmenting Agricultural Practices
- Environment Sustainability & Renewable Energy
- Additive Manufacturing
Age: Less than 35 years on the last date of submission of the application. Age relaxation of 5 years for Women/Differently-abled (Divyangjan) /SC/ST/OBC/EWS.
Institution: Applicant not in regular position should align himself/herself with an Academic or R&D Institution/S&T based Voluntary Organization with minimum 5 years in existence for implementation of S&T based projects. The organization must agree to facilitate smooth execution of the project and provide necessary infrastructure/facilities for this purpose.
Mentor: Mentor should hold a Permanent/Regular position and possess expertise in proposed discipline.