eligible Indian applicants must be researchers or managers of for-profit companies that operate and are headquartered in India. Academic institutions, research hospitals, other R&D institutes (including not-for-profit research institutes recognized by DST/GITA) that are headquartered and operate in India are encouraged to participate in the projects as co-investigators/partners.
Specific criteria for eligible applicants are as follows:
- The Indian Project Lead (IPL) company applying for the project must be incorporated in India under the Companies Act 2013.
- The company must be at least 51% owned by Indian citizens over the total duration of the project.
- The IPL should have the required expertise and team capacity to manage the proposed project.
- Sole proprietors and partnership firms shall not be eligible for support under this programme.
- Companies headquartered and owned outside India and their subsidiaries in India, or vice versa, are not eligible to receive funding from DST/GITA under this programme.
Preferences would be given to
Eligible Israeli Applicants
Eligible applicants will be R&D performing Israeli registered companies operating in Israel.
Focus Areas of Proposals to be funded
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is open to all projects based on merit that include science and technology (S&T) development leading to commercial success, social good and benefit to both countries. There is however a specific focus on the following technology areas:
- Affordable Healthcare
- Energy Sector
- Agro Sector
- Water Sector
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT) and Telecom
Funding Support to be provided to successful applicants