Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships
The United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF)
The Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships aim to provide Indian faculty, researchers, and professionals residing in India the opportunity to teach, conduct research, or carry out a combination of lecturing and research at a U.S. institution. Depending on the U.S. host institution, it is likely that the grantee may contribute towards developing curriculum and conducting workshops and seminars. These fellowships are for four to nine months. If you are applying for a Flex Award, the minimum length of the total grant is four months and the maximum is six months.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- Faculty/researchers should have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent published work with at least five years of relevant teaching/research experience;
- professionals outside academe should have a Master’s degree or equivalent published work with recognized professional standing and at least five years relevant experience;
- you should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in your online application; and
- If employed, at the time of submitting the application, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNAPE Employer’s Endorsement Form.
Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/30/
- Please carefully review the FNAPE Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNAPE Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online applicaiton:
- FNAPE Applicant Annexure
- FNAPE Employer’s Endorsement Form
- FNAPE Reference Report Form