The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (IA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to support its growing needs.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a Public Charitable Trust registered in India since 2008. It is funded by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, with the broad aim of building excellence in biomedical research in India by selecting and supporting future leaders in the field. IA has recently started Phase 2 (2019−24) of its operations to include additional activities of Grants for Team Science and Clinical Research Centres and allied activities. In addition to its research Fellowships and Grants, India Alliance supports an integrated research ecosystem that values ethics, good management and the public communication of science to enhance knowledge and drive policy. Details of the work of India Alliance can be seen at http://www.indiaalliance.org/
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the IA’s Fellowships or Grants teams.
- Accountable for the IA’s full portfolio of applications and awards.
- Accountable for the quality of the work performed by the Grants Advisers in relation to the application and award portfolio, ensuring that their work is undertaken according to agreed procedures and produced in a timely fashion.
- Develop and manage a training and skills development programme for the grants advisers to ensure that their competencies meet the needs of the IA. Act as Secretary to the IA’s Selection Committees.
- Work with various stakeholders in smooth conduct of Award Competitions Responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating the India Alliance Fellowship program.
- Oversee processes for monitoring and impact measurement. Organize feedback from Fellows, Reviewers and Committee Members, as and when required.
The position requires:
- Effective People and Resource Management
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for Continuous Improvement — Policies, practices, processes
- Ability to prepare insightful and actionable reports – to External and Internal stakeholders
- Foster ‘One Team’ approach
- Change and Stakeholder Management
- Conduct periodic reviews, audits and ensure compliance with extant regulations/guidelines, SOPs, Practices, Processes
- Identify and manage risks including Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery